At Leca® we offer nationwide CPD seminars which provide an in depth study of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate and its powerful properties within structural and geotechnical applications
Leca® CPD presentation
All Civil Engineers and Architects are required to make a commitment and to maintain and enhance their competence in engineering. At Leca® we offer a nationwide CPD seminars which provides an in depth study of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate and its powerful properties within structural and geotechnical applications.
We believe that learning should never stop and neither should your development and your commitment to your career within civil engineering and architecture. The use of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate is so vast and encompasses so many facets of civil engineering thanks to its incredible fundamental properties – it is important for all practicing civil engineers and architects to understand and learn about the latest developments, innovations and discoveries for Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate.
The current trend within Structural and Geotechnical Engineering is finding the ideal product and solutions which are sustainable and offer eco-friendly results but can also reduce project costs and development time. At Leca® we believe we produce a material which is the future of engineering and our case studies across an array of civil engineering projects make this clear.
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF LECA® LIGHTWEIGHT EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS ARE:
• 85%* less bulk density
• 75%* reduction of horizontal earth pressure to retaining structures
• Reduced settlement periods and increased stability
• Superb insulating and free drainage properties
• Resistant to extreme temperatures, moisture and chemical attack
• 100% inert and contains no harmful substances or gases
• Requires less vehicles for delivery – up to 70m³ per load
• Speed of site installation – up to 16 times faster production*
* on average when compared to traditional fills
Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate has been used extensively in structural and geotechnical projects for over 60 years for lightening road and railway embankments, insulating and filling of swimming pool surrounds, reducing pressure within quay extensions, lightweight fill in foundations and behind retaining walls, general load compensation, within structural elements, insulating and lightening pipelines, drainage and insulating sports pitches and courts, lightening the load over tunnels and bridge development and much more..
The engineering possibilities of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate are endless and it is only the imagination which can restrict a civil engineer's or architect's ambition and vision for Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate.
attend our Leca® CPD presentation and learn more
- How Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate has proved to be a critical ingredient to a civil engineering project with relevant key case studies
- How to assess whether Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate has the required properties for your structural or geotechnical project
- How the manufacturers of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate can provide further recommendations for your engineering project
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Gain recognised CPD certification with Leca®
- Build professional networks within the field
- Discuss the suitability of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate for your structural and geotechnical engineering project
- Take away downloadable information, case studies and guides relating to Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate to allow future evaluation.
- Network with potential project partners
- Analyse and understand the diverse and wide array of usage of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate within structural and geotechnical engineering
- Determine how Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate can be applied to your civil engineering and architectural project
- Understand the scientific and technical study of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate including key studies and research performed by leading worldwide civil engineers
- Identify opportunities for making significant cost savings on your engineering project through applying Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate to your project
- Develop a stronger understanding of long term sustainability, socioeconomic issues and environmental factors when tackling a civil engineering project
Who should attend this presentation?
- Civil and Structural Engineers and Architects at any career level who want to gain skills in understanding innovative building material
- Engineers working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng); Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech)
- There are no formal entry requirements to gain Leca® CPD certification.
- Contact us for more information and details on how to book you place