TOGETHER WE BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate is used extensively as a lightweight fill for civil engineering and structural applications. Through promotion and specification, our client base is continually finding further solutions and interesting uses for this special product.
Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate has been used extensively in structural and geotechnical projects for over 60 years for lightening road and railway embankments, insulating and filling of swimming pool surrounds, reducing pressure within quay extensions, lightweight fill in foundations and behind retaining walls, general load compensation, within structural elements, insulating and lightening pipelines, drainage and insulating sports pitches and courts, lightening the load over tunnels and bridge development and much more.
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF LECA® LIGHTWEIGHT EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION APPLICATIONS ARE:
• 85%* less bulk density
• 75%* reduction of horizontal earth pressure to retaining structures
• Reduced settlement periods and increased stability
• Superb insulating and free drainage properties
• Resistant to extreme temperatures, moisture and chemical attack
• 100% inert and contains no harmful substances or gases
• Requires less vehicles for delivery – up to 70m³ per load
• Speed of site installation – up to 16 times faster production*
* on average when compared to traditional fills
civil engineering solutions utilising Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate
Click Icon Below
We have a team of representatives in the UK with extensive experience and knowledge on utilising Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate on a variety of Structural and Geotechnical Civil Engineering projects.
For more information and a free consultation on Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate contact Leca® UK:
TEL: 0844 3351770