LECA GREEN ROOF CPD
Across the Europe there is a rapid increase in urban living and an ever greater understanding of the consequences of global climate change. The emergence of the ‘living roof’ or ‘green roof’ is quickly emerging as a green solution to a serious problem.
Through excellent architecture and innovative urban design, the green roof solution is becoming more prominent throughout the UK and LECA® LWA is a solution which architects and structural engineers are using to replace traditional heavy soil, especially in areas which include building slopes and variation in the terrain.
Key properties of LECA® LWA within green roof design:
- Natural and lightweight
- Neutral and inert
- Lends support to root growth
- High air conductivity
- High hydraulic capacity
- Resistant to freezing
- Structurally stable
- Stable quality
- Good thermal and acoustic characteristics
- Fire resistant/ non-combustible
To learn more about how LECA® LWA has been utilised throughout the UK, book a LECA Green Roof Lunchtime CPD (which includes lunch).
Key LECA® Green Roof CPD learning outcomes:
- How is LECA® LWA used in green roof developments?
- Key properties of LECA® LWA including water retention and supporting root growth
- What are the range of delivery methods available to deliver material to site?
- What is the scientific results (including water run off and water retention) for storm water management and the retention of water when applying LECA® LWA for a new development?
- Key case studies of using LECA® LWA
- Understanding and practically applying the results of the LECA® Calculator
- Q&A session with the technical team on the properties of LECA® LWA within a newdevelopment
Testimonials about the LECA® CPD:
"I thought the presentation was excellent, I found it very informative."
"Informative and thought provoking."
"Pleasant and informative CPD"
"Positive, it was informative and well presented."
"Knowledgeable and engaging presenter."
To learn more about how LECA® LWA , book a LECA Green Roof Lunchtime CPD (which includes lunch).