The Application of Leca® Lightweight Fill within Highway Development
In highway development Leca® LWA is commonly used as a light fill material to reduce subgrade settlement and to improve stability of structures and areas of weak and unstable ground.
Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate can be applied to repair settlement defects, to increase levelling and to improve bearing capacity. In addition, with the help of Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate, road embankments that require widening can be constructed with minimal effect due to increased loading to the existing structure.
Register for an in-office CPD, where our geotechnical team will provide a full overview on the reason why specifiers and contractors specify Leca® Lightweight Fill as a cost saving and groundworks solution for highway construction.
Key areas for CPD:
- Why is lightweight aggregate suitable for highways?
- Recent key case studies where Leca® Lightweight Fill has been specified for highway development in the UK
- Highlighting diverse delivery methods (including pneumatic delivery) for Leca® Lightweight Fill
- Technical specification and certification available
- Q&A session with the technical team
*All attendees will receive a CPD Certificate.