LECA CPD Webinar
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- CPD Webinar: Protecting Sea Coasts with High Impact Absorbent Lightweight Solutions
- Thursday 27th October
- 12pm - 1pm
When constructing a quayside and coastal development, soft ground conditions often call for the use of lighter fills to guard against slide or deformation which can damage structures. A number of solid berth structures have been successfully built over recent years using Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate.
It can be used to an advantage in many quay designs such as sheet pile, sheet pile cell and caisson structures and is also used as fill replacement in solid berth structures when quayside waters are dredged to greater depths.The stresses and strain of a fluctuating tide to a retaining structure can also be reduced with Leca® Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate limiting horizontal pressures from the material being retained.
CPD Webinar Session
During this session our technical team will highlight what makes LECA® LWA an effective and resource saving solution within large scale quayside construction.
Key areas for webinar:
- Why lightweight aggregate is suitable for Quayside development?
- Case studies where LECA® LWA has been applied to Quayside design in the UK
- Technical specification and certification
- Q&A session with the technical team
*All registered attendees will receive a link to the recording following the event and live attendees will receive a CPD Certificate.