A50 BRIDGE DEVELOPMENT, UTTOXETER
LECA® LWA was recently specified for a new bridge development on the A50 in Uttoxeter. This project has been carried out by Carillion and project managed by Amey as part of the Infrastructure + strategic partnership. The work began for this ambitious infrastructural design change in June 2016.
This project was designed to deliver a grade-separated junction on the A50 to the West of Uttoxeter and will create much needed improvements in access for residents and workers to the south of the A50. Furthermore, providing improvements in access to the new JCB factory, which employs 100’s of workers in the surrounding area.
The investment in the A50 Growth Corridor aims, to:
1. Create around 7,500 jobs along the A50 corridor
2. Provide ease in congestion and to reduce journey times for an estimated 37,000 vehicles a day.
3. Provide a stimulant for the development of 1,800 homes around Uttoxeter.
4. Major improvements in road safety
5. Link traffic to 'safer, better' junctions designed to ease congestion.
Amount of material: 7000m3
Interesting Fact: At the point of the deck being lifted, LECA® LWA was installed into the base of both abutments and was placed against the Bridge abutment after the bridge deck was installed.
Delivery Method: Arctic Tippers